Saturday, February 26, 2011

Grandma Touby's Apple Crisp

Going to Grandma and Grandpa Touby's house was always a treat, but especially when we gathered as a whole family...aunts, uncles, cousins...to have a meal.  One well-worn card in my kitchen archives is Grandma Touby's apple crisp recipe. 
If Grandma was in the kitchen, you can be sure she was wearing an apron.
Grandma Touby's apple crisp recipe
From Virginia's recipe box
Grandma's kitchen
Grandma and Grandpa (and Bobby) at the table.
Grandma's praline recipe written in her hand

(If anyone has kitchen or dining room photos at Grandma and Grandpa's I'd love to post more.)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED grandma's pralines. And the apple crisp - perfection. Jane, do you have her pie crust recipe (as if I could find lard)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have the pie crust recipe, but I'll ask my mother and Aunt Dorothy. What kind of pie are you making?

    ReplyDelete

Please comment...