Friday, April 1, 2016

Arthur's Chocolate Chip Cookies

My dad liked to bake.  While in the Army during WWII he was a Master Sergeant in the mess hall.  He taught me how to make yeast rolls for 4-H.  He was a patient man!  He loved to pop popcorn in the evening...had to use his "special pan," and at Halloween he made popcorn balls.  His specialty in the summer was homemade ice cream.  In late May, during the time trials for the Indianapolis 500, the garden was full of all kinds of produce coming on, but the strawberries were ready!  Nothing was better than fresh strawberries with my dad's homemade ice cream.  One of his favorite things to bake was chocolate chip cookies.  One time he wrote me a letter and included the recipe.  He says, "I made another batch this afternoon, they just keep getting better."  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment...